Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pulp Fiction Script

Today I read the script to Pulp Fiction, by Quentin Tarantino. Google
it, it's easy to read for free.

Wow, that guy is (or at least was) a genius. That was some good script
writing, and that's not even taking into consideration the acting and
special effects that would go into the movie. I really think he is the
king of dialog. Well, I have a short term memory, but right now he's
the best I can think of.

However, I did notice that some real gemstone bits of the finished
product were not in the script. I think this means that the actors
themselves were responsible for really classing it up. The scripted
speech by Wallace (Ving Rhames) missed the vinegar reference. "Some
think you'll age like wine. If you mean you turn to vinegar, you do.
If you mean it gets better, you don't." I really missed that one in
the script, and I'm glad Ving Rhames nailed the final performance.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=31bc04f8f18cba15a86d48ab857937cf